Monday, December 31, 2012

Lax and Lazy - A Holiday Update

Well, it's the last night of 2012 and as promised, here are some pictures from my shamelessly lazy, wonderfully low-key holiday.  The good news is that I really tried not to do a lot.  The bad news is I did even less than I planned.  The lesson - next year I'll aim even lower!

I hope you had a wonderful holiday.  If you did something especially lovely, lazy, awesome that you would like to share, send me a picture at cerecemurphy@gmail.com and I will make a special post featuring all of your wonderful holiday exploits.  Happy New Year!

~ My Report ~

Pre-X-mas Getaway!  For my 40th  birthday present, my husband planned a trip to some place warm.  This is us in Ft. Lauderdale the day before Christmas Eve.

Me and My Hairy Man :-)




Here are the books I planned to "catch-up" on while on vacation...yeah, not so much.  Some are new, others are old favorites and some I'm too scared to read more than a few pages at a time (Anne Rice...anyone).  See you all in 2013.
Christmas Day - I made two things - Stuffing and Brown Sugar Cookies.  Both went so fast I couldn't even take a picture.  My mom and sister brought over the rest.  We ate, we played, we laughed, the kids got riled up, then we all went to bed. Bliss.

I call the picture below "Elmo's Alley" because if you look closely you will notice the debris from our merriment scattered all over the floor.  They've been there for days with no ETA on when they will be picked up. Like I said...lax and lazy baby!
Elmo wants to know...when are you going to clean up?

The picture below is the reason why the toys, socks, etc. haven't been picked up.  This is a picture of my husband in heavy pursuit of The Grail, except he kept being interrupted by me, trying to take this picture :-) We traded off getting naps all week.  It was awesome!

The Holy Grail aka A Nap
And when The Grail was not possible, I did the next best thing - write.  But it is hard with little people who don't believe in nap time, alone time or quiet time.  Usually when I write, I sit some place quiet with a netbook.  But this holiday, I had to go old school just to make sure I got some writing in.  As you can see from all the chicken scratch, it wasn't pretty, but my little pen and notebook got the job done!


The Red Order - Chapter 7 in what can ONLY be described as ROUGH draft format.
Still waiting for some snow to go sledding, but other than that, I've been as low-key as possible for the holidays and loved every minute of it.  How about you?

Since I will be long gone when the New Year's Ball drops, let me raise a toast to everyone reading this ~ Here's to a truly happy new year and thanks, as always, for reading!

~ Cerece

p.s. For anyone planning to take up yet another fad diet for the new year, consider watching Hungry for Change before you start.  It just might change your mind. The entire documentary is available for streaming on Netflix.  If you do watch it, let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, C,

    I want to find The Holy Grail, too! Yes, and please!! LOL

    Sounds like you had the holiday season you set out to have...low-key and totally lazy. I MAY or may not be mega-super jealous. *nods*

    I can't wait to see how great 2013 is for you and your family.

    ILY!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ILY, too Lori! Happy New Year and all the best to you and your loved ones :-)

      xoxo - Cerece

      Delete