Sunday, April 15, 2012

Rising to the Challenge


So up until this post, I have been blogging in secret.  No, that doesn’t make any sense, but hey, that’s just me.  Not even my husband had this link until today.

So why am I sharing it now?  In short, I’ve been coerced by this challenge that I entered through Writer’s Digest to do one task a day to help build my author’s platform (i.e. all the stuff that will help me get info out about the books, me, etc.).  The challenge 3 days ago was to write and link this blog to my Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter accounts and I’ve been procrastinating ever since. 

Why is this so hard?  I guess all the usual suspects are at work here…fear of ridicule, fear of failure, fear of blah, blah, blah.  Even I don’t want to hear my own excuses.  

The point is…HERE I AM! And I’m writing a story or two or more.  First up is Order of the Seers, a sci-fi novel that I am trying to get published right now.  Second is the Seers sequel which is in progress (chapter outline complete, first chapter written).   

In the cue after that is:
           1) The final installment of the Seers trilogy
           2) A children’s book series entitled Enchanted World – 5 Tales of Magic in the Everyday and
           3) A book on deciphering all the relationship and marriage advice I received when I was single 
  (now that I understand most of it) called More than the Ring.

Want to know more?  I hope so.  Subscribe to this blog and follow me on Facebook, Twitter - @cerecermurphy (gulp!) and Linkedin to get updates on my upcoming website, book trailers, publishing dates and other cool stuff that’s coming down the pike.

As always, if you’re out there, thanks for reading!
~ Cerece

3 comments:

  1. Cerece is a fascinating person. She's slowly (excruciatingly so) getting out there, but what's out there is really, really good. I'm glad, 'cause if I had to fake like her stuff is good...you'll know that I'm faking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first line made me laugh- mostly because I did the same thing. It took me a while to actually go "live" and tell people about my blog. And now it has taken me even longer to start to connect with people and build a platform. (I missed Robert Lee Brewer's challenge and am only starting it now- which is how I found your site.) I agree with you on why it is so hard- failure, ridicule, fear...the list could go on forever.

    It was nice to read your blog and meet you! I look forward to hearing more about your books and your journey. -Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW---Thanks so much. It's nice to meet you too :-) Don't feel bad about just getting on the MNINB bandwagon. I actually fell off about 10 days ago and haven't been able to pick myself back up. I plan to finish the challenge, but not by the end of April.

      Glad to have company on the journey.

      Delete