Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Coming August 2015: Ellis and The Magic Mirror



The countdown to the release of Ellis and The Magic Mirror is ON and I'm so excited!  This story has been a labor of love that began about a year ago, when my 6 year old son asked me to write a book for him.  

He told me upfront that sword-fighting, a skateboard and his stuffed penguin "Chirpy" had to be in the story.  With my work cut out for me, I began writing, and thanks to the exceptional artistic talents of Gregory Garay of Visual Verbosity, I finally have a story that my son not only approves of, but is excited about.  

Ellis and The Magic Mirror is intended for readers like my son, who was ready to begin reading chapter books, but was a bit intimidated by "too many words" and too few pictures. The story has about as much action and suspense as I could throw into a children's book and still keep it "kid-friendly".  My target reading audience is between 6-10 years old.  

Would you like to read Ellis and The Magic Mirror to a little person who is near and dear to your heart?  I'm giving away 5 signed copies of Ellis and The Magic Mirror to 5 lucky winners who share their favorite children's book stories with me via email, FB, Twitter or Instagram. Winners will be selected by the end of July.

This is truly a special moment for me, as a writer and a Mom.  Thank you for sharing it with me.  

To read a sample of the 1st chapter click here, then pre-order your copy TODAY! Ellis and the Magic Mirror will be released on August 11, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment