Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Morning in Chicago


A view from my walk in Chicago

I start with my body crouched and my head up – facing forward.  

The wind tests me, trying to push me back with force and the malice of her chill.

What my legs lack in spring, they more than make up for in determination and my heart pumps hot red blood with conviction.  

The wind is no match for me.

My feet navigate the cracks in the pavement - steady and sure.  They have learned through blisters how to keep me upright, even if it means I’m on my knees. 

I know better now than to wish the road was even or smooth.  Wishing doesn’t make it so and this is my path, nonetheless.

I endeavor to keep a pace that moves with the urgency that life deserves, while still noticing everything.  

I’m no longer in a rush.   

This is my life. 

In every hard won step and easy stumble.  I hurry when I have to and take in all I can from the rest of time that is mine.

It will not last forever.  But as long as I am here, it is mine and I will claim it with the pounding of my feet.

If you're out there, thanks for reading!

~ Cerece

No comments:

Post a Comment